Friday, March 16, 2012

The Point

So what's the point to starting a new blog? Well, as I mentioned in the introduction post, I want to eventually write a book and this will be where I gather my thoughts and ideas, you know my material. There are several ideas floating around in my head (I have a mostly clear idea of how my book will go, by the way) and it will take time to get it down on paper. I also feel like I will need some more experience so that people will take me seriously. I mean, really, I've been a mom for not even nine months yet- what insight do I have to offer the world? Also, I want to figure out how to not become invisible. Do you know what I mean? I love my baby and my husband and I love that I get to stay home with my sweet boy. What a blessing it really is. But, I don't want to get so caught up that I become a pajama-wearin (all day long), frazzled, unrecognizable mama. Now don't get me wrong, there are days to stay in your pjs all day. I know it happens, but I want it to be the exception for me, not the norm. I don't want to get lost- I know, you find yourself when you lose yourself in service. I understand that principle, but I just want to make sure that I am "seen". Does this make sense? So in part, this is what this blog will be about- my journey to make sure that I am "seen" and "heard" and that I do not become invisible. Because even though I love my family, I still want to have my own identity. When I was working just a few weeks ago, I was a teacher (and just a few months before that- a student). Now I am "just a mom", at least in the world's view. But I don't want to be just a mom. I want to be and can be more than that.

Well, I'm done rambling for now.

~D.

1 comment: