Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Peek of Heaven

Sometimes, especially since being home with my baby boy, I feel like I get little glimpses of heaven. I got them before when I was working, but honestly, I think I was so stressed and overwhelmed by everything that I had to get done (work, school, take care of baby, eat, sleep, shower, laundry, clean house, etc.) that I just didn't always recognize them. I don't know if I recognize them all now, but I think I do a far better job of recognizing them now. Sometimes these peeks into heaven come in unusual places for example earlier this week, I was buckling my sweet baby into his car seat and I experienced an overwhelming love for him and had so much gratitude that I have the blessing to be his mommy. It wasn't like he said anything sweet to me- he can't say much of anything at all yet besides, "dadadadananananamama" and the like. It wasn't that he even smiled at me necessarily. It can only be explained as a glimpse of heaven. All I could think of was that "This must be what heaven's like". So much love it almost hurts and fills your soul so that you can not be sad or angry or stressed or frustrated at all in that moment. I love moments like that and I hope I continue to experience them, even in strange places like the backseat of my car.


2 comments: